More often than not we tend to grab lunch on the go and spare very little thought about what we are eating and then wonder why we are reaching for the biscuit tin come 3 o clock. But by taking out just a few minutes out of your day to prepare or plan your lunch, you’ll be doing your body a world of good. Here are some really simple easy to follow lunch meals you can have whether you’re on the go or not.
– Jacket potato and baked beans or cajun tuna with salad
– Chickpea and sweetcorn salad – iceberg lettuce, green and red peppers, sweetcorn, onion, with tzatziki (Greek style yoghurt dip as dressing)
– Salad and humus in wholemeal pitta bread, and a piece of fruit.
– 1 portion canned, drained butter beans mixed with flaked tuna canned in brine, sliced tomato, red onion and parsley, all tossed in a little olive oil vinaigrette; 1 slice pumpernickel bread.
– Chicken, tuna, or turkey sandwich made with lots of salad. (or order one from a shop where they make it in front of you so you can control the amount of butter or mayonnaise they put in it.
– Any medium portion sushi and a piece of fruit.
– A large bowl of Covent Garden soup (or a similarly healthy soup) with a wholemeal bap.