If there is one thing you take from this blog, it’s to realise the importance of eating breakfast. This is the first meal of the day and you are essentially breaking the fast after involuntary not having eaten during shut eye. A good breakfast will rev up your metabolism and give you the perfect start to the day.
– Large bowlful traditional porridge made with soya milk (my preferred choice) or skimmed milk; 1tsp runny honey drizzled over; some chopped nuts
– 1 large portion of low-fat yogurt mixed with 1 chopped apple and several chopped ready-to-eat dried apricots, sprinkled with 1tbsp All Bran, and with 1tsp runny honey drizzled over
– Two slices of wholemeal toast with baked beans (beans are one of your five-a-day!)
– An omellete made from two eggs, diced onions, green peppers and seasoning; fruit juice.
– Bowl of oat based muesli with served with muesli and skimmed milk
– Bowl of fruit – melon, strawberries, kiwi, grapes and a skimmed latte or cappuccino (This is great for when you are on the go and short of time).
– 2 medium eggs, scrambled in a little skimmed milk, served on 1 medium slice wholemeal toast spread with a little low-fat spread.