It’s just days before the “big” day now and I know how anxious we can be when you’re on a diet and worried about overeating. But I want to remind you that it’s only ONE day and there is no point whatsoever getting yourself in a tangle over it. Why not look forward to the day and enjoy it. I really want you to think about the two options set out below carefully. Really take it in and digest the words. Which one would you choose?
Recipe for disaster – the guilty way
1. Run yourself down by not sleeping, exercising or eating when you’re hungry. Instead wear yourself out by working too hard and trying to make things perfect.
2. When you crave that mince pie or another chocolate, remind yourself that it’s bad, fattening or too high in carbs.
3. When you’ve deprived yourself and the cravings grow stronger, tell yourself you have no will power and feel guilty.
4. Wait until someone keeps offering you that food and insists you eat it anyway to please them.
5. Worse still sneak into the kitchen and eat the bad food when no one is watching. In fact scoff it down so you don’t even taste the food.
6. Then let the guilt set in again because you are feeling sick and uncomfortable through overeating.
7. There we are. What a lovely day you are having hey?
Or would you rather choose ……..
Recipe for happiness – the lifestyle choice
1. Look after yourself physically by getting enough sleep exercise and nutrition.
2. When you’re hungry, think about what you want, listen to your body and then choose your food.
3. Visualise how you will feel after you have eaten that food. How do you want to feel?
4. When the food you crave isn’t particularly nutritious, get rid of all guilt. Remember moderation and balance is the key.
5. Sit down to eat that favourite food and enjoy every morsel of it.
6. Eat slowly and mindfully. Then stop when you feel content because you’ve really enjoyed that food.
7. Then let it go and move on.
8. Now isn’t that a better way of having a good Christmas?
Better still choose the latter for the remainder of your life and you will change the way you feel about food. Food is never the enemy, it’s the way you interpret your feelings about it that make it so. So make it your mantra to live a healthy and happy diet free life! Make it a lifestyle choice.
Happy Christmas everyone! Love Fitlass 🙂